Abducted By Aliens?

Below is a 500-word writing sample I had to submit for something recently. The prompt was, "What would you do if you woke up and found yourself surrounded by aliens"

Personally, I don't know a thing about aliens except the little I know about Thanos and friends, but it was either this or writing about my happiest memory. Long story short, the aliens were easier. Anyway, I tried my best at the moment, because the piece was the first time in a very very long time I'd written anything creatively. Considering it is only 500 words, for what it is, I'm proud of it and it ultimately did what it was supposed to, so yay! 

Anywho, I've decided to share it with the world because why not? I intend to at some point in life become a writer so why not get the practice of public viewing while the content is rough? When you do read it, I hope you enjoy it for it is. Also, feel free to share your opinions or thoughts about it down below. 

Thank you in advance and Happy Reading,


Dana. 



"What Would You Do If You Woke Up And Found Yourself Surrounded By Aliens" - by Dana Tullo


I was home one afternoon mulling around the house trying to find something to eat. After a while, my head started to hurt. You'll find that wearing glasses and rarely ever taking them off comes with the occasional side effect. Deciding to take a nap, I texted my mom. I turned on my fan and crawled into bed and before I knew it I was in a deep slumber. 


Some time passed I'm sure. How much exactly, I'll never know. What I do know is that my room felt very cold. What is this? My little room fan wasn't capable of this frigidness I was experiencing. I wrapped my bedsheets tightly around me in an attempt to keep warm and drifted back to sleep.


I heard a soft thudding coming from the next room. Half asleep I called out, "Mommy?!" But the noise stopped. I didn't think much of it and went back to sleep. After all who else could have been in my house? Not long after the thudding resumed but it stopped and I heard what sounded like chittering and whispering. The sound came from directly over my head. Living on an island, you are familiar with many soft critter sounds at night. However, this one sounded different and quite unlike anything I'd ever heard before. I slowly opened my eyes and It didn't take me long to realize what was in front of me. 


Along with my room being what felt like twenty degrees, there standing around me were what looked like four very large people. These people had two sets of pointy ears and light purple skin. The thing that got the hairs on my body at attention and my heart beating out of my chest was their eyes. I'd never seen eyes like that before; narrow, alert, strange, and glowing a frightening icy white. 


Aliens. 


Aliens?


Aliens?! In my house! I wanted to scream, but I couldn't find the strength. The next thing I know they're talking...about me. 


Alien 3: "Is that her? Does she look like the human girl in the picture?" 


Alien 1: "Yeah, it's her." 


Alien 2: "Oh, thank god. We can finally go home now." 


Alien 3: "Go home? We can't go home. We don't even know why she called for us. If we go home the command will want to know why we crossed the galaxy to come to see this human." 


Alien 4: "You're right." Looking at me the 4th one says, "Earthling, why did you signal for us?" *No answer* 


Alien 2: "Oh no, she's dead." 


Alien 1: "She's not dead, she's scared." 


Alien 3: "We don't have the time for this. Grab her and let's go" 


Alien 2: "No! We can't take her." 


Alien 4: "Oh what's the harm? We'll get the information we need and send her back here. The sooner we leave this planet the better." 


Alien 2: *sighs* "Fine." 


They all look at me and the last thing I remember was a red beam.


~fin~





Comments

  1. Ahhh my imagination was buzzing, those aliens sound humorous and not just creepy.. what happened next?
    -Shakera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too wanna know what happens next!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Have A Comment For Me? Leave It Down Below!