Baby, I'm Back...Again!
I don't have much to say except that I'm caught in this seemingly endless battle concerning the of writing this blog.
I have had this site for almost 10 years now. Initially I created it because I thought it would be fun. I had a writer's dream back then and wanted to have a non-dreary way to work on said dream. I remember posting my little Polyvore outfits on here and on my Tumblr (I might start doing those again just for the hell of it). I wrote about my thoughts and opinions about things pop-culture just for the fun of it (back then I loved it and enjoyed staying on top of it). I wrote about things that bothered me in life; school mess that I witnessed mostly. I didn't care if anybody read the things I wrote, because I wrote just for me.
But for the longest time now, I find it so difficult to write anything. Whether it be for my blog(s) or just in my journal, it has become such a struggle to get the words to flow from my brain to my fingertips and onto paper or through some keys. Somewhere along the line I developed this annoying reservation about it. As it relates to this site, I'm assuming it's fear that I might say too much of the "wrong" things or being too vulnerable on a public platform when I get into that space in realty or worrying that if someone just happens upon my little space on the internet, that they'll find my words boring, draining and non-appealing (I'll talk about how this stems from perfectionism in another post).
Whatever it is that's holding me back from being on here, it has gots to go. I have so much to talk about and share (using share lightly). I guess I'm just going to have to try a little by little to make it work.
Here's to my second first post of 2020!
D.
I have had this site for almost 10 years now. Initially I created it because I thought it would be fun. I had a writer's dream back then and wanted to have a non-dreary way to work on said dream. I remember posting my little Polyvore outfits on here and on my Tumblr (I might start doing those again just for the hell of it). I wrote about my thoughts and opinions about things pop-culture just for the fun of it (back then I loved it and enjoyed staying on top of it). I wrote about things that bothered me in life; school mess that I witnessed mostly. I didn't care if anybody read the things I wrote, because I wrote just for me.
But for the longest time now, I find it so difficult to write anything. Whether it be for my blog(s) or just in my journal, it has become such a struggle to get the words to flow from my brain to my fingertips and onto paper or through some keys. Somewhere along the line I developed this annoying reservation about it. As it relates to this site, I'm assuming it's fear that I might say too much of the "wrong" things or being too vulnerable on a public platform when I get into that space in realty or worrying that if someone just happens upon my little space on the internet, that they'll find my words boring, draining and non-appealing (I'll talk about how this stems from perfectionism in another post).
Whatever it is that's holding me back from being on here, it has gots to go. I have so much to talk about and share (using share lightly). I guess I'm just going to have to try a little by little to make it work.
Here's to my second first post of 2020!
D.
Comments
Post a Comment
Have A Comment For Me? Leave It Down Below!